Hocking County, OH
Whether you find yourself facing a traffic citation, a misdemeanor, or a felony, it’s a serious matter and you need experienced legal counsel on your side. Unfortunately, imprisonment and steep fines are not the only criminal penalties that can await someone who has been charged with a crime. An individual facing criminal accusations can also face collateral consequences such as the inability to find employment.
In Ohio, law enforcement officers are constantly on the lookout, attempting to arrest individuals who violate state laws. If you have been arrested in Hocking County, seek the help of a skilled lawyer as soon as possible.
Hocking County Criminal Defense Lawyer
Were you recently arrested in Hocking County for any kind of alleged criminal offense? Do not say anything to authorities without legal counsel. Our criminal defense attorneys at Joslyn Law Firm can assess your charges and develop a defense plan for your case. We will work hard to have them reduced or dismissed.
Our Columbus-based firm represents clients in Hocking County and nearby cities such as Pataskala, Circleville, Chillicothe, Grove City, and Lancaster, Ohio. It is important to protect your freedom. Call us today at (614) 444-1900 to schedule the first consultation with Joslyn Law Firm today.
- Areas Near Hocking County, OH
- Common Criminal Offenses in Hocking County
- Traffic Offenses in Hocking County, OH
- Penalties for Crimes in Hocking County, OH
- Hocking County Court Resources
- Hocking County Law Enforcement Resources
- Additional Resources
Areas Near Hocking County, OH
The Columbus criminal defense attorneys at Joslyn Law Firm serve clients in and around several communities in Hocking County, including people arrested or facing legal complications in the following locations:
- Blacklick Estates
- Grove City
Common Criminal Offenses in Hocking County
Some of the types of criminal charges in Hocking County that Joslyn Law Firm frequently handle include, but are not limited to:
- Violations of Probation
- Domestic Violence Crimes
- Drug Crimes
- Marijuana Offenses
- Hocking County DUI
- Violent Crimes
- Weapons Charges
- Theft Crimes
- Property Crimes
- Juvenile Crimes
- Criminal Record Sealing
Traffic Offenses in Hocking County, OH
Some of the most commonly charged traffic offenses in Hocking County, OH can include, but are not limited to:
- Following too closely
- Driving with headphones
- Violating a registration, tag, sticker, or title ordinance
- Violating a one-way traffic directive
- Obstructing an intersection
- Failing to stop at a stop sign or red light
- Passing a stopped school bus
- Crossing a yellow line
- Failing to yield to pedestrians
- Crossing a divided highway
- Making illegal turns
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Violating an equipment ordinance (headlights, taillights, license plate lights, etc.)
- Driving with an obstructed view
- Passing improperly
- Drag racing
Penalties for Crimes in Hocking County, OH
Ohio has strict laws. If you have been charged for drunk driving, theft, fraud, domestic violence, or any other crime in the state, it is important to know that a conviction can result in stiff penalties:
- Minor misdemeanor – No risk of jail time, up to $150 in fines.
- Fourth-degree misdemeanor – Up to $250 in fines and up to 30 days in jail.
- Third-degree misdemeanor – Up to $500 and up to 60 days in jail.
- Second-degree misdemeanor – Up to $750 and up to 90 days in jail.
- First-degree misdemeanor – Up to $1,000 in fines and up to six months in jail.
- Fifth-degree felony – Up to $2,500 in fines and 6 to 12 months in prison.
- Fourth-degree felony – Up to $5,000 in fines and 9 to 18 months in prison.
- Third-degree felony – Up to $10,000 in fines and 9 to 60 months in prison.
- Second-degree felony – Up to $15,000 in fines and 2 to 8 years in prison.
- First-degree felony – Up to $20,000 in fines and 3 to 11 years in prison.
Hocking County Court Resources
Hocking County Common Pleas Court – Follow the link provided to visit the Hocking County Common Pleas Court website. You can see a list of administrative staff.Hocking County Common Pleas Court 1 East Main Street Logan, Ohio 43138 (740) 385-4027
Hocking County Clerk of Courts – Access the official website for the Hocking County Clerk of Courts. Sharon Edward is the current clerk.Hocking County Clerk of Courts 1 E Main St #304 Logan, OH 43138 Phone: (740) 385-2616
Hocking County Municipal Court – Click the link to access the Hocking County Municipal Court website and see the current administrative staff.Hocking County Municipal Court 105 West Hunter Street, P.O. Box 950, Logan Ohio 43138 Phone: (740)385-2250
Ohio Supreme Court – Visit the official website for the Ohio Supreme Court to see a list of announcements, judge information, bar admissions, and rules of the court.Ohio Supreme Court 65 South Front Street Columbus, OH 43215-3431 Phone: (614) 387-9000
Hocking County Law Enforcement Resources
Hocking County Sheriff – Lanny E. North serves as the current sheriff for Hocking County, Ohio. Click the link to access their official website.Hocking County Sheriff
25 E 2nd St
Logan, OH 43138
Phone: (740) 385-2131
Logan Police Department – Jerry Mellinger serves as the current chief of the Logan Police Department. Logan is the current seat for Hocking County, Ohio.Logan Police Department 50 S Mulberry St, Logan, OH 43138 Phone: (740) 385-6866
Ohio Laws – Visit the official website for the Ohio Revised Code to learn more about current laws regarding sex offenses, theft, fraud, gambling, and more.
Hocking County, Ohio – Access the Hocking County, Ohio website to read current news, elected officials for the area, and other helpful resources.
Hocking County Criminal Defense Lawyer | Logan, OH
Have you been accused of committing a crime in Ohio? You will want to be sure that you have experienced legal representation capable of getting the criminal charges reduced or completely dismissed. To retain a skilled criminal defense attorney in Hocking County, contact Joslyn Law Firm. Our attorneys are well equipped to face prosecutors in state and federal courts.
To schedule your first consultation with Joslyn Law Firm today. Joslyn Law Firm accepts clients in Hocking County, OH, and surrounding cities including Perry County, Athens County, Vinton County, Pickaway County, and Fairfield County.