Madison County Court Contact Information
55 North Oak Street
London, OH 43140
Visit the Official Website for the Madison County Municipal Court HERE
Municipal Court in Madison County
Madison County is located in Columbus, Ohio. According to the most recent U.S. Census, the County has a population of approximately 44,000 individuals. Thus, Madison County Municipal Court is responsible for the minor criminal and civil for thousands of citizens.
The Court has jurisdiction over municipal ordinances, misdemeanor criminal and traffic matters, non-traffic misdemeanors and the initial stages of some felony offenses. The Madison County municipal court derives its power from the Ohio Legislature through the Ohio Constitution, Rule 83 of the Ohio Rules of Civil Procedure and Rule 5 of the Rules of Superintendence for the Courts of Ohio.
If the person is charged with a criminal offense in an Ohio mayor's court, he or she, through their criminal defense attorney, can opt to have his or hers case transferred to municipal court for a jury trial or evidentiary hearing.
Appeals from an Ohio mayor's court are also heard in the Madison County Municipal Court.
Lawyer for Madison County Municipal Court
After an arrest or detention for a criminal offense in Madison County, Ohio, contact an attorney experienced in fighting cases in Municipal Court of throughout the various Mayor's Courts surrounding the county.
The attorneys at Joslyn Law Firm represent clients charged with a range of felony, misdemeanor traffic offenses, non-traffic misdemeanors, and traffic violations.
Contact Joslyn Law Firm now for more information about how our experienced lawyer can help.
Call (614) 444-1900 to schedule a no obligations consultation.
Types of Cases Heard in Municipal Courts in Madison County Area
Cases heard in the Municipal Court in Madison County include criminal accusations relating to property and environment.
The court handles Traffic Offenses and non-traffic misdemeanors such as:
- Driving with a revoked or suspended License
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Unauthorized use of a vehicle
- Driving under suspension
- Driving with an expired license
- Reckless Driving
- Driving under FRA suspension<
- Fictitious license plates
- Driving without a license
- OVI first offense
- OVI second offense
- OVI third offense
- Hit-Skip (leaving the scene or hit and run)
- Domestic Violence
- Petty Theft
- Complicity to theft
- Criminal Trespass
- Disorderly Conduct
- Possession of a schedule IV drug
- Disorderly conduct
- Obstructing official business
- Criminal damaging
- Sexual imposition
- Inducing panic
- Discharge of a firearm in prohibited area
- Criminal mischief
- Disorderly conduct while intoxicated
- Counts of child endangering
- Possession of marijuana
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Possession of marijuana
Penalties for Crimes Prosecuted in Madison County Municipal Court
The possible outcomes following a conviction in Madison County Municipal Court will depend on how the underlying offense is classified:
- A first degree misdemeanor is punishable by up to 180 days in jail and fines up to $1,000.
- A second degree misdemeanor is punishable by up to 90 days in jail and fines up to $750.
- A third degree misdemeanor is punishable by up to 60 days in jail and fines up to $500.
- A fourth degree misdemeanor is punishable by up to 30 days in jail and fines up to $250.
- A minor misdemeanor is not punishable by jail time, but a fine of up to $150 can be imposed.
Find a Lawyer for Madison County Municipal Court in Columbus, OH
Have you or someone you know been arrested in Madison County, Ohio, by an officer with the Madison County Sheriff's Department? If you are planning for a hearing at the Municipal Court then contact an experienced criminal defense attorney.
The attorneys at Joslyn Law Firm have handled multiple cases in Municipal Court hearings throughout Madison County, OH, and the entire greater Columbus area.
We also accept cases in the surrounding counties of Union County, Pickaway County, Fayette County, Licking County, Franklin County, Greene County, Clark County, and Champaign County.
If you or someone you know is facing a criminal prosecution in Madison County Municipal Court, then contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Contact (614) 444-1900 for more information and to set up a free consultation with one of the attorneys at Joslyn Law Firm.
This article was last updated on Wednesday, September 27, 2017.