Knox County is a county located in the State of Ohio. As of 2020, the U.S. Census recorded a population of 62,721 residents. Its county seat is Mount Vernon.
While Knox County may have a small population, it is not exempt from criminal activity. Law enforcement officers are constantly on high alert, arresting individuals for different allegations such as DWI, theft, domestic violence, and sex offenses.
If you have been arrested in Knox County, you need a practiced defense attorney in Columbus, Ohio that can help you achieve the most favorable outcome for your case. Joslyn Law Firm can advocate aggressively for you.
Knox County Criminal Defense Lawyer
Do you think that you could be under investigation or were you already arrested for a crime in Knox County, Ohio? Do not make any kind of statement to authorities until you have first contacted Joslyn Law Firm. Our Columbus defense attorneys have years of experience in criminal law and could represent your best interests as you seek justice.
Allow us to fight for a reduction or dismissal of your charges. Joslyn Law Firm serves clients in Knox County, Ohio including nearby areas such as Mount Vernon, Mansfield, Galion, Pataskala, Ashland, Wooster, and Whitehall. Call (614) 444-1900 to schedule your first consultation, for free.
- Areas Near Knox County, Ohio
- Common Criminal Offenses in Knox County, Ohio
- Penalties for Crimes in Knox County, OH
- Marijuana Trafficking Penalties in Knox County, OH
- Knox County Law Enforcement Resources
- Knox County Court Resources
- Additional Resources
Columbus criminal defense lawyers at Joslyn Law Firm represent clients arrested in Knox County, Ohio, and many surrounding areas including:
Joslyn Law Firm represents both residents and visitors arrested in Knox Count for any alleged criminal offense. Some of the types of cases our firm handles include, but are not limited to:
- Knox County DUI
- Marijuana Offenses
- Violations of Probation
- Domestic Violence Crimes
- Drug Crimes
- Violent Crimes
- Weapons Charges
- Theft Crimes
- Property Crimes
- Juvenile Crimes
- Criminal Record Sealing
If you have been accused of theft, a sexual offense, traffic violation, or white-collar crime, you could face extensive prison sentences and thousands of dollars in fines. This is why it’s important you retain an experienced criminal defense lawyer and begin building a defense to the charges early.
In Ohio, misdemeanors are less serious than felonies. However, neither should be taken lightly.
- Minor misdemeanor – No risk of jail time, up to $150 in fines.
- Fourth-degree misdemeanor – Up to $250 in fines and up to 30 days in jail.
- Third-degree misdemeanor – Up to $500 and up to 60 days in jail.
- Second-degree misdemeanor – Up to $750 and up to 90 days in jail.
- First-degree misdemeanor – Up to $1,000 in fines and up to six months in jail.
- Fifth-degree felony – Up to $2,500 in fines and 6 to 12 months in prison.
- Fourth-degree felony – Up to $5,000 in fines and 9 to 18 months in prison.
- Third-degree felony – Up to $10,000 in fines and 9 to 60 months in prison.
- Second-degree felony – Up to $15,000 in fines and 2 to 8 years in prison.
- First-degree felony – Up to $20,000 in fines and 3 to 11 years in prison.
Ohio law carries harsh consequences for individuals who are convicted of trafficking marijuana. The penalties for committing marijuana trafficking depend on the number of grams the defendant is caught with:
- Up to 199 grams -– fifth-degree felony: 1 year in jail, up to $2,500 fine
- 200 to 999 grams -– fourth-degree felony: 18-month in prison, up to $5,000 fine
- 1,000 to 19,999 grams -– third-degree felony: 5 years in prison and up to $10,000 fines
- 20,000 grams or more -– second-degree felony: 8 years in prison and up to $15,000 fines
Knox County Sheriff – Click the link to visit Knox County Sheriff’s Office website. You can view a jail inmate list, view crime prevention tips, and read more about the current sheriff.Knox County Sheriff 11540 Upper Gilchrist Road Mount Vernon, OH 43050 Phone: (740) 397-3333
Mount Vernon Police Department – Mount Vernon serves as the county seat for Knox County, Ohio. Follow the link provided to view the official website for the Mount Vernon Police Department.Mount Vernon Police Department 5 North Gay Mount Vernon, Ohio 43050-3241 Phone: (740) 397-2222
Knox County Common Pleas Court – Click the link to access the official website for the Knox County Common Pleas Court. You can see rules, court staff, and a list of community resources.Knox County Common Pleas Court 111 East High Street Mount Vernon, Ohio 43050 Phone: (740) 393-6777
Knox County Probate / Juvenile Court – Access the Knox County probate / juvenile court to see a list of court hours, court location, and contact information.Knox County Probate / Juvenile Court 111 East High Street Mount Vernon, Ohio 43050 Phone: (740) 393-6798
Knox County Clerk of Courts – Access the official website for Knox County to view information about the Clerk of Courts.Knox County Clerk of Courts 117 East High Street, Suite 201 Mount Vernon, Ohio 43050 Phone: (740) 393-6788
Knox County, OH – Click the link to access the official website for Knox County, OH. You can see public notices, employment opportunities, and county highlights.
Ohio Sex Offender Registration – Access the official website for the State of Ohio to conduct a sex offender search. You can input phone numbers, email addresses, and internet names.
Knox County Criminal Defense Attorney | Mount Vernon, OH
Joslyn Law Firm aggressively defends clients in Knox County and many surrounding communities. If you were arrested for committing an offense in this area, contact Joslyn Law Firm for quality legal representation. Our attorneys know how to identify the weakest aspects of these cases. We can review your case thoroughly and answer all of your legal questions.
If you reside in Knox County or any surrounding areas including Gahanna, Westerville, Pataskala, Galion, Newark, or Ashland, call (614) 444-1900 to schedule a free consultation today. Allow us to pursue legal action on your behalf.