Court of Common Pleas in Delaware County, Ohio
Delaware County is located in Columbus, Ohio. According to the United States Census Bureau, the Delaware County has a population of more than 38,600. The Ohio Courts of Common Pleas are authorized by Article IV, Section 1 of the Ohio.
The Delaware County Court of Common Pleas hears both civil and criminal cases. The case topic may range from probate and estate issues to serious criminal felony charges. Delaware County Court of Common Pleas
Lawyer for Common Pleas Court in Delaware County Area
After an arrest or detention for a criminal offense in Delaware County, Ohio, contact an experienced attorney who has fought many cases in the Common Pleas Court. The attorneys at Joslyn Law Firm represent clients charged multiple types of criminal offenses, from violent crimes to domestic violence.
Contact Joslyn Law Firm now for more information about how our experienced lawyer can help.Call to schedule a no obligations consultation.
Branches of the Court of Common Pleas in Delaware County
The Delaware County Common Pleas Court has jurisdiction to hear both civil and criminal cases throughout Delaware County, Ohio. The Court consists of four divisions that are divided based on the type of case heard.
The Courts of Common Pleas are divided into divisions:
- The General Division: hears cases general civil and criminal claims that do not fall into any of the other three categories.
- The Domestic Relations Division: which hears cases that involve divorce, legal separation, post-decree proceedings, paternity, custody, and other child-related issues. The Court also hears cases for Civil Protection Orders in Delaware County under R.C. 3113.31.
- The Juvenile Division: which hears cases concerning Delaware County youth who have been charged with crimes. The Court will also consider alternatives to jail time for minors who qualify for the various programs such as CASA, the Drum Circle, and other treatment programs.
- The Probate Division: which hears cases involving wills, trusts, and guardianships.
Common Pleas Court Judges in Delaware County, Ohio
There are four judges and magistrates on the bench in the Delaware County Court of Common Pleas. The type of case will likely determine which judge or magistrate a case will be heard by. It is important to note the staff and office information for each of Delaware Counties Court of Common Pleas’ judges
Judge Everett H. Krueger
Office Phone: (740 )833-2550
- Catherine Brooks –Administrative Assistant Civil 740-833-2557
- Staci Clarke – Administrative Assistant Criminal 740-833-2551
Judge David Gormley
Office Phone: (740) 833-2530
- Joyce Stimmel –Office Manager 740-833-2537
- Gillian Travis – Administrative Assistant 740-833-2532
Domestic Relations Division
Judge Randall Fuller
Office Phone: (740) 833-2025
- Allyson North –Administrative Assist
Judge David A. Hejmanowski
Juvenile Court: 740-833-2800
Probate Court: 740-833-2600
- Probate Court
- R. Lamont Kaiser –Probate Court Administrator
- Judicial Assistant –Teresa Tackett
Delaware County Court of Common Pleas – Visit the official website for the Delaware County Court of Common Pleas to learn more about the court procedures and the courts mission.
Find an Attorney for Delaware County Common Pleas Court in Columbus, Ohio
Have you or someone you know been arrested in Delaware County, Ohio. If you are planning for a hearing at the Court of Common Pleas then contact an experienced criminal defense attorney.
The attorneys at Joslyn Law Firm have handled multiple cases in Common Plea Courts throughout Columbus, Ohio. We also accept cases in Franklin County, Fairfield County, Licking County, Madison County, Pickaway County, Morrow County, Knox County, Marion County and Union County.
If you or someone you know is facing a criminal prosecution in Delaware Juvenile Court, then contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Contact (614) 444-1900 for more information and to set up a free consultation with one of our attorneys at Joslyn Law Firm.
This article was last updated Thursday, September 13, 2017.