Chillicothe Municipal Court
Ross County, OH is located in Ohio. According to the United States Census Bureau, Pickaway County has a population of more than 77,000 residents. The Chillicothe Municipal Court is the main court for minor misdemeanor offices and city ordinance violations in Pickaway County.
If you have been arrested for a crime, your defense attorney should not only be familiar with state and local laws, but also with the inner workings of the Chillicothe Municipal Court and its staff. The criminal defense lawyers at Joslyn Law Firm know the judges and prosecutors that work within the court. They can utilize their extensive knowledge and experience to reduce or dismiss your criminal charges.
Chillicothe Municipal Court Attorney
If you or someone you know is facing criminal prosecution in the Chillicothe Municipal Court, you are probably feeling overwhelmed. In a case like this, it’s important you contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible. Thankfully, our attorneys at Joslyn Law Firm have worked with the judges of Chillicothe Municipal Court to fairly resolve many different types of criminal cases.
We can help you through every step of the way. Call (614) 444-1900 to secure a free consultation with our attorneys today and discuss your legal options. Joslyn Law Firm serves clients in Chillicothe, OH including surrounding Ross County, Pickaway County, Hocking County, Pike County, Fayette County, and Jackson County.
- Common Criminal Charges Filed in Chillicothe Municipal Court
- Potential Penalties for Criminal Charges in Chillicothe Municipal Court
- Chillicothe Municipal Court Staff
- Chillicothe Municipal Court Location and Contact Information
- Chillicothe Law Enforcement Resources
- Chillicothe Community Resources
Criminal accusations can have a significant impact on your life. They can often result in expensive fines and time spent behind bars. No matter the type or severity of the crime you have committed, it is important to retain a skilled Chillicothe criminal defense lawyer that can work hard to reduce or dismiss your charges.
Our Ohio defense attorneys at Joslyn Law Firm have decades of combined experience representing individuals facing the following offenses in the Chillicothe Municipal Court:
- Operating a vehicle under the influence
- Petty theft
- Domestic violence
- Petty Theft
- Drug charges
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Marijuana crimes
- Drug paraphernalia
- Unlawful sexual conduct with a minor
- Criminal mischief
- Criminal trespass
- Disorderly conduct
- Making false alarms or reports
- Failure to report a crime, injury, or knowledge of a death
- Gambling, public gaming, cheating, and other gaming violations
- Discharging weapons within city limits
- Obstructing official business or obstructing justice
- Resisting arrest
- Disturbing a lawful meeting
- Noise ordinance violations
- Failure to aid a law enforcement officer
- Failure to control an animal
- Abandoning an animal
- Noxious and offensive odors
- Weeds and landscaping nuisances
- Hunting animals within city limits
- Operating charity raffles or bingo games in violation of existing regulations
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Crossing a yellow line
- Passing a stopped school bus
- Obstructing an intersection
- Crossing a divided highway
- Failure to yield to pedestrians
- Vehicular assault
- Following too closely
- Driving with an obstructed view (such as snow or ice on the windshield)
- Driving left of the center lane
- Driving with headphones
- Failure to stop at a stop sign or red light violation
- Illegal turns
- Improper passing
- Willful fleeing or evading a law enforcement officer
- Drag racing
- Driving on a suspended license
- Failure to stop and identify at the scene of an accident (hit and run)
- Registration, tag, sticker, and title violations
- One-way traffic violations
If you or someone you know is being charged with a crime, it is crucial to know the gravity of what you could be facing. You may think that misdemeanor charges in the Chillicothe Municipal Court are not that serious, but the reality is that a misdemeanor conviction carries severe consequences. Having a conviction on your criminal record can lead to loss of employment, loss of professional licenses, and inability to obtain loans.
Ohio state law provides the following possible sentences depending on the classification of the offense:
Classification: First-Degree Misdemeanor (M-1)
- Up to 6 months of imprisonment
- Up to $1,000 in fines
Classification: Second-Degree Misdemeanor (M-2)
- Up to 90 days of imprisonment
- Up to $750 in fines
Classification: Third-Degree Misdemeanor (M-3)
- Up to 60 days of imprisonment
- Up to $500 in fines
Classification: Fourth-Degree Misdemeanor (M-4)
- Up to 30 days of imprisonment
- Up to $250 in fines
Classification: Minor Misdemeanor (MM)
- Length of Imprisonment: none
- Up to $150 in fines
Our attorneys at Joslyn Law Firm have worked extensively with every judge and their staff at the Chillicothe Municipal Court.
The Chillicothe Municipal Court is located at 95 East Main Street, Chillicothe, Ohio 45601. The building is located at the intersection of Main and Mulberry Streets. The Court’s hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday except on observed holidays.
For more information, please visit the Map & Directions page: https://www.chillicothemunicipalcourt.org/map.asp
Ohio State Patrol – The Ohio State Highway Patrol is responsible for promoting traffic safety and providing public safety services to residents and visitors of Ohio.
Chillicothe Police Department – Click the link to visit the official website for the Chillicothe Police Department. The Chillicothe Police Department is dedicated to investigating violations of the Ohio Revised Code and Codified Ordinances of the city.Chillicothe Police Department
28 N Paint St B
Chillicothe, OH 45601 (740) 773-1191
Chillicothe Correctional Institution – Follow the link provided to visit the official website for the Chillicothe Correctional Institution. Learn about video visitation, inmate funds, volunteers in prison, and CCI news.
Ohio Domestic Violence Network – The Ohio Domestic Violence Network is dedicated to promoting public awareness about domestic violence through training and technical assistance. Access their website to view reports, fact sheets, and more.
Ohio Mental Health & Addiction Services – Access the official website for the Ohio Mental Health & Addiction Services to view information on addiction prevention and treatment.
Map of Chillicothe, OH – Get directions to locations around Chillicothe, OH.
Historic Chillicothe, OH – Learn about the history of Chillicothe, Ohio.
Chillicothe Municipal Court Lawyer | Ross County, OH
Have you or someone you know been arrested in Ross County, OH by an officer? If you have been summoned to attend a hearing at the Chillicothe Municipal Court, then contact a practiced criminal defense attorney at Joslyn Law Firm.
Our criminal defense lawyers at Joslyn Law Firm have handled multiple cases in Municipal Court hearings throughout Chillicothe, OH, and surrounding cities including Pickerington, Lincoln Village, Bexley, Reynoldsburg, Grove City, Wilmington, and Portsmouth. Call (614) 444-1900 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation today with Joslyn Law Firm.