Muskingum County Common Pleas Court
Muskingum County is a county located in Columbus, Ohio. According to the United States Census Bureau, Muskingum County has a population of more than 86,410. Some of its surrounding counties include Guernsey County, Noble County, Morgan County, Coshocton County, Perry County, and Licking County.
Every county in Ohio, including Muskingum County, has a Common Pleas Court. The Muskingum Common Pleas Court has jurisdiction over criminal matters arising within Muskingum County boundaries. If you have been arrested for a criminal offense, it is imperative that you contact a criminal defense lawyer who can prevent you from walking away with a conviction. Contact Joslyn Law Firm today.
Muskingum County Common Pleas Court Lawyer
If you are facing grievous charges for a crime, you should make sure that you retain experienced legal representation as soon as possible. Thankfully, Joslyn Law Firm has years of experience in criminal law and can work hard to secure a reduction or dismissal of charges on your behalf. Our Muskingum County defense lawyers appear regularly in the Muskingum County Common Pleas Court.
There are a plethora of crimes in Ohio that are classified as felonies and unfortunately, felonies carry serious consequences. Don’t lose any more time and contact Joslyn Law Firm at (614) 444-1900 to secure your first consultation, free of charge. We believe in protecting your freedom and reputation.
Our Ohio Common Pleas Court attorneys at Joslyn Law Firm serve clients in Muskingum County, Ohio, and the surrounding areas including Zanesville, Cambridge, Coshocton, Pataskala, Marietta, Dover, Athens, Newark, Gahanna, Mount Vernon, Lancaster, and Dover.
- Common Criminal Charges in Muskingum Common Pleas Court
- Potential Penalties for Criminal Charges in the Muskingum Common Pleas Court
- Muskingum Law Enforcement Resources
- Muskingum County Court Resources
- Muskingum Common Pleas Court Location and Contact Information
- Additional Resources
Some of the more common offenses individuals can face in the Muskingum Common Pleas Court include the following:
- Domestic violence
- Disorderly conduct
- Persistent disorderly conduct (misdemeanor of the 4th degree)
- Petty theft
- Simple assault
- Possession of small amounts of marijuana
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Resisting arrest
- Improper handling of a firearm
- Grand larceny (theft of property over a set value)
- Aggravated assault
- Obstruction of justice
- Illegally creating explosives
- Aggravated murder and murder
- Fleeing or eluding law enforcement
- Drug offenses (possession, sale, paraphernalia)
- Sexual conduct with a minor
- Grand theft auto
- Receiving stolen property
- Grand larceny
- Tampering with evidence
- Breaking and entering
Penalties for committing a crime in Ohio will depend on several factors. Ohio state law provides specific sentencing ranges that are available for each offense:
- First-Degree Felony (F-1)
- Length of Imprisonment: 3 to 11 years
- Maximum Fine: $20,000
- Second-Degree Felony (F-2)
- Length of Imprisonment: 2 to 8 years
- Maximum Fine: $15,000
- Third-Degree Felony (F-3)
- Length of Imprisonment: 9 to 60 months
- Maximum Fine: $10,000
- Fourth-Degree Felony (F-4)
- Length of Imprisonment: 9 to 18 months
- Maximum Fine: $5000
- Fifth-Degree Felony (F-5)
- Length of Imprisonment: 6 to 12 months
- Maximum Fine: $2500
- First-Degree Misdemeanor (M-1)
- Length of Imprisonment: 6 months
- Maximum Fine: $1,000.00
- Second-Degree Misdemeanor (M-2)
- Length of Imprisonment: 90 days
- Maximum Fine: $750.00
- Third-Degree Misdemeanor (M-3)
- Length of Imprisonment: 60 days
- Maximum Fine: $500.00
- Fourth-Degree Misdemeanor (M-4)
- Length of Imprisonment: 30 days
- Maximum Fine: $250.00
- Minor Misdemeanor (MM)
- Length of Imprisonment: none
- Maximum Fine: $150.00
Muskingum County Sheriff – Access the link to learn more about Matt Lutz that serves as the current sheriff for Muskingum County, OH.Matt Lutz; Sheriff 1840 East Pike Zanesville, OH 43701 (740) 452-3637
Muskingum County Police Department – The Muskingum Police Department is responsible for providing enforcement and prosecution of criminal/traffic law.332 South Street Zanesville, OH 43701 740-455-0700
Muskingum County Juvenile Court – Eric D. Martin is the current judge for the Muskingum County juvenile court. Judge Martin accepts cases involving youth under the age of 18.1860 East Pike Zanesville, Ohio (740) 453-0351
Muskingum County Courthouse – The Muskingum County Courthouse is home to the Muskingum County Court of Common Pleas and its probate court. The courthouse is located in Zanesville.27 N 5th St #301 Zanesville, OH 43701 (740) 455-7138
The Muskingum County Common Pleas Court is located in Zanesville, Ohio. Specifically, it can be found at the Muskingum County Courthouse:401 Main Street 2nd Floor Zanesville, Ohio 43701. The Domestic Relations Division is located at:22 N 5th Street 2nd Floor Zanesville, Ohio 43701
Hours of operation include Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Ohio State Highway Patrol – Access the official website for the Ohio State Highway Patrol to view crash reports, statewide statistics for traffic fatalities, and the latest news.Ohio Department of Public Safety1970 West Broad StreetColumbus, Ohio 43223
Map of Muskingum County – Click the link to obtain directions to locations around Muskingum County.
Historic Muskingum County – Access the website to learn about the history of Muskingum County, Ohio.
Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction – The Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (OhioMHAS) offers treatment services for mental health and addiction prevention.
Muskingum County Common Pleas Court Lawyer | Zanesville, OH
Do you have a case that is set to be held in the Muskingum County Common Pleas Court? Our knowledgeable criminal defense attorneys at Joslyn Law Firm have extensive experience in the Ohio Common Pleas Court. We can utilize the most effective negotiation strategies to secure the best outcome possible for your case.
To schedule a free consultation, call (614) 444-1900 today to discuss your legal options and receive superior legal advice. Our legal team will work efficiently to defend your rights and preserve your future.
Joslyn Law Firm represents clients in Columbus, Ohio including Muskingum County and surrounding counties such as Noble, Morgan, Perry, Guernsey, and Coshocton.